Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Home again !

What a great place Leconfield is to live. 

I have been away for a few days and as soon as I reached  the East Yorkshire lanes I knew I was home. OK, so I got stuck behind the inevitable tractor but it slowed me down to see the last of the poppies in bloom and the hedgerows full of ripening fruit – time to get the wine making gear out!

No milk for a coffee when I got home, so off to the village shop. Yes, Leconfield still has one and a Post Office too. The staff are great. When we moved here we were always popping in to ask them anything from bus times to the name of a good plumber or electrician. They were only too pleased to help and really are the heart of the community.

I took the short cut home through the ‘snicket’, past the cottage garden with abundant fruit and veg and the rescued battery hens. 

The kettle's boiled and I need that coffee. I’ll  have to write more about this fantastic village another time

please see my website www.webworduk.com