Tuesday, August 31, 2010

runner beans

A hedgehog visits our garden every afternoon so Mrs G won’t let me put slug pellets down in case it eats them. In consequence we have only one solitary runner bean on  a whole row of plants. 


Now, I love runner beans so this is a disaster but walking along the High Street today I spotted a whole basket full of beans on a table outside one of the cottages. There was an invitation to help myself and pop some money in a pot for the village church, so I did. 
    Fantastic!  
      Runner beans for supper.
What is even more fantastic is that a pot full of money can be left safely on the High Street untouched. This is what life should be like.

To make life even better 100 yards further and outside another house were bags of windfall apples with a notice to ‘Help Yourself’. Well, I did, so now there is apple pie afterwards.

Thank you to the generous people of Leconfield and the honest folk who live here.

visit my website: www.webworduk.com